Valuation, Research & Advisory
An ever evolving economic environment demands regular overview of property values and market dynamics in order to secure property owners, lenders and investors with a clear understanding on their direct and indirect assets’ current and potential value. Good valuation practice, deep market knowledge and fast response to statutory and planning regulations are fundamental determinants to any solid and reliable real estate valuation report. At the same time, recent economic turmoil and past unprecedented conditions in the financial sector have imposed a new approach towards the valuation of the underlying or collateralised real estate assets for mortgage, project financing, corporate lending or NPL strategic purposes on behalf of investors, banks or auditing firms.
Arbitrage Real Estate offers independent real estate valuation advice, bespoke advisory and market research for all asset classes, including land, residential, office, retail, industrial, mixed-use and hotel properties. Our valuation and market research reports are according to the RICS Valuation Professional Standards in consistency with the International Valuation Standards. A continuously updated comparables’ database, along with a wide network of real estate professionals together with the recognition of the Greek Ministry of Finance, ensures that each valuation and bespoke commercial advice incorporates the latest market evidence. We are also a member of PRAXI Valuations International Network, present in 11 countries with offices in more than 40 locations.
Our expert knowledge and advisory services cover cases of real estate collateral underwriting, mortgage lending, property merger or acquisition, balance sheet reporting, feasibility studies, market due diligence and research as well as critical asset reviews, plant machinery or equipment appraisals, dispute resolutions and matrimonial purpose valuations.
Our valuation reports refer to banks, private equity funds, NPL servicers, listed companies, auditing firms, institutional investors, property companies and developers, private individuals as well as to local and central government authorities.
We have been involved in a series of very interesting and challenging assignments with major private equity funds, NPL investors, REICs, propery developers and public sector. Some indicative examples are listed below:
- Successfully advised Elliott Advisors in co-acquiring Symbol NPL portfolio together with its consortium partner, Centerbridge Partners, from National Bank of Greece. To find out more, click here.
- Business plan for a Municipality of Athens sports camp, assigned by Athens Development Agency to conduct a business model study and provide advice on the best and most effective use of the facilities in Attica. To find out more, click here.
- Buy-side valuation related services in Jupiter NPL sale, assigned by a global investment manager to provide real estate valuation advice on the collaterals portfolio. To find out more, click here.
- Valuation services related to Amoeba NPL collaterals and associated market insight in preparation of a non-binding offer for the corporate NPL portfolio sold by Piraeus Bank. To find out more, click here.
- Valuation of a 75,000m² mixed use portfolio for IFRS purposes comprised of 4 office units, 3 retail buildings, 3 development land plots and 1 residential complex, located in the wider Athens metropolitan area. To find out more, click here.
- Investment appraisal of a 5* hotel consisting of 21 villas with private swimming pools and a total capacity of 119 beds, on a land plot of c. 21,000m². To find out more, click here.
- Valuation of a 38,000m² mixed use portfolio to assess the Fair Value that consisted of 2 industrial complexes,1 land plot and 3 residential units. To find out more, click here.
- Rural land valuation for expropriation purposes. Our valuers assessed the market value of the freehold interest of 333 plots of land with a total surface exceeding 450,000 m². To find out more, click here.
- Industrial complex valuation for IFRS purposes. Our valuers assessed the Fair Value of an industrial complex covering a surface c.8,200m² in a land plot of c.27,000m2. To find out more, click here.